Vegetarian Nasi Goreng
Heat a saucepan of water and bring to boil. Add rice and cook until tender, about 12 minutes. Drain, cover and set aside to cool. In same oil fry cashew nuts for 2-3 minutes until starting to brown. Remove to a side plate.
When ready to prepare fried rice, heat 4 tablespoons of oil in a large frying pan and fry eggs, for 3 minutes, until egg yolk set and whites starting to bubble and brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
Add remaining oil to frying pan and cook onions until tender on a medium heat. Add garlic, ginger, chilli paste and curry powder and cook over a medium heat until spices are aromatic. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Add cooked rice to pan with peas, and toss well to incorporate the onion and spice mix. Heat through for 10 minutes, stirring well to combine. Add half the cashews back into rice and half a bag of Leaderbrand Baby Spinach Leaves. Toss to combine.
Season with soy sauce to taste. Cut three out of four eggs roughly into pieces. Arrange remaining spinach leaves on the bottom of a shared platter. Top with warm rice mix, and then the chopped egg. Garnish with plenty of fried shallots. Serve with topped with extra fried egg if needed.
Creamy, smooth, and very nutritious! Toss through another salad, add a handful to a smoothie or cook with many other dishes. Good source of Folate and source of Vitamin A
- Available All Year Round
- Gisborne & Matamata
- Gluten Free
- Washed & Ready To Eat
- 2 cups (400g) white long-grain rice
- 7 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 free-range eggs
- 2 cups cashew nuts, unsalted
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 3-4 garlic cloves, crushed or finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon crushed chilli paste or sambal olek
- 2 tablespoons mild curry powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 130g bag LeaderBrand Baby Spinach
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons ready-fried onion (shallot) flakes
To serve, fried shallots, and roasted cashews