WHAT WE GROW
Creamy, versatile, and downright delicious, sweetcorn is a crowd favourite whether it’s fresh off the cob or grilled to perfection.
Here at LeaderBrand, we grow over half of New Zealand’s sweet corn , constantly testing and trialling different varieties to make our produce the best it can be.
Where does sweetcorn grow?
Our sweetcorn is grown in sunny Gisborne – the perfect spot for steady growth and maximum flavour.
The fluctuation of hot temperatures in the day with cooler nights help create the distinctive sweet flavour we all know and love.
How do we our sweetcorn?
To keep our sweetcorn fresh and tasty, we follow these steps:
- We start planting our sweetcorn in early August so it is ready for harvest from mid-December through to early March.
- We pick our sweetcorn by hand to choose the right cobs at the perfect time. In peak season we harvest around 160,000 cobs per day!
- As soon as it’s harvested, we cool our sweetcorn immediately to lock in freshness.
- From there, we get the corn from the farm to our customers as quickly as possible. Usually, it will hit supermarket shelves the very next day.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Sweetcorn is a crowd favourite, to keep your corn fresh, refrigerate it in its husk and remove it just before you cook.
- Cooking corn in a hurry? Try microwaving it for 2-3mins inside the husk. Tasty, and quick too!
- Corn is full of nutrition, from antioxidants to health-boosting fibre, folic acid and Vitamin C.
OUR sweetcorn PRODUCTS
Bigger, sweeter, and creamier! LeaderBrand’s sweetcorn is New Zealand’s best, harvested fresh from the field and transported straight to your local supermarket.
- Dec – Mar
- Source of Dietary fibre
- Source of Folate
- Source of niacin (vitamin B3)
- Source of Potassium
PURE’N EZY SWEETCORN
Our sweetcorn is perfectly cooked in the bag straight from the field, helping it stay shelf-stable in your pantry and a convenient addition to any meal or barbecue.
- Available All Year Round
- Gluten Free
- No Additives