SPINACH & SOURDOUGH FATTOUSH SALAD
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Chop bread into large cubes. Spread the bread cubes and olives on a lined baking tray, drizzle with oil and toss to combine. Toast in the oven for 7 to 8 minutes, until the bread is toasted and golden. Set aside to cool.
To make the dressing mix all the ingredients together in a jar or glass jug and season with salt and black pepper. Set aside.
Prepare the cucumber, tomatoes, and red onion. Toss together with LeaderBrand Spinach and herbs in a large bowl. Pour half the dressing over and lightly toss together. Arrange the salad on a serving platter, and top with the toasted bread and olives. Dress with a little more dressing, and garnish with pomegranate arils.
Serve with extra dressing on the side.
Creamy, smooth, and full of vitamins! Toss through another salad, add a handful to a smoothie or cook with many other dishes.
- Available All Year Round
- Gisborne & Matamata
- Gluten Free
- Washed & Ready To Eat
- ½ loaf sourdough or ciabatta
- 1 cup black olives
- 100ml olive oil
- 2 small Lebanese cucumbers, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons oregano leaves
- 150g LeaderBrand Baby Spinach
- 1 handful basil and mint leaves
- 1 Pomegranate arils
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sumac
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped oregano leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper