lunchbox spinach pasta salad
Roughly cut LeaderBrand Baby spinach leaves with a knife or tear with fingers.
Cook pasta for 10-12 minutes until, just tender. Drain. Return pasta to pot and add the spinach, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper. Toss together, as the spinach wilts it will cling to the pasta. Allow to cool a little.
Break chicken into pieces. Shred larger pieces of the chicken meat. Add chicken meat to the pasta and spinach. Spoon into lunch box containers. Top with a few cheese cubes, and add a spoonful of your favourite sauce.
Assemble remaining lunch boxes. Eat within one day of preparing.
Creamy, smooth, and very nutritious! Toss through another salad, add a handful to a smoothie or cook with many other dishes. Good source of Folate and source of Vitamin A
- Available All Year Round
- Gisborne & Matamata
- Gluten Free
- Washed & Ready To Eat
- 120g LeaderBrand Classic Baby Spinach Leaves
- 250g dried pasta shapes such as, macaroni or active San Remo
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 pre-cooked chicken or chicken pieces
- 200g cheddar cheese, cut into 1cm cubes
- Accompany with, celery and carrot sticks, crackers, almonds, fruit, grapes, hummus, mayonnaise, sweet chilli sauce or soy (tamari) sauce
Twist this up whatever way the lunch time eater wants it. Add hummus or mayo or try Tamari or even a simple squirt of a favourite tomato sauce. Fork optional – little hands may just want to gobble with fingers. If you can roast your own chicken, great… but there is nothing wrong with picking up a store cooked chicken on the way home from a busy day.