Beetroot Chocolate Cake
This cake is delicious! And Can easily be made dairy free!
Ready in 1 hour 45 minutes, serves 12.
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC on bake.
2. Grease and line the base of a 23cm spring-form cake tin with paper.
3. In a large bowl place the first four ingredients and mix, giving it a good stir.
4. Sift the next six ingredients into another bowl.
5. Add the flour mix to the wet ingredients, alternating with the grated beetroot.
6. Mix together lightly and place in the tin. Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
Test this cake while it’s baking with a skewer or sharp knife – it can look cooked, but the middle may still be raw. Leave to cool in the tin and then remove to ice.
Make a Beetroot chocolate ganache by melting 125g dark chocolate and ½ cup juiced beetroot together. Heat gently, then pour over the cake.
PURE’N EZY BEETROOT
Pure and simple with nothing added, our beetroot is 100% grown, packaged, and perfectly cooked here in New Zealand.
- Available All Year Round
- Gluten Free
- No Additives
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup Dutch cocoa
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (DF or use +50% Whitakers which is Dairy Free)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups finely chopped LeaderBrand Beetroot
Icing – Chocolate Beetroot Ganache
- 125g dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup Beetroot juice