CREAMY MUSHROOMS & SPINACH ON TOAST
Heat the oil and butter in a heavy frying pan. Add the onions and garlic, and cook 2 minutes until tender. Add the mushrooms and cook over a medium heat for about 3 minutes, stirring so that the vegetables do not stick to the bottom of the pan.
Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, cream and salt and pepper. Cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring, until the sauce is reduced and thickened. Season to taste.
Toast the bread slices until golden brown and divide between four plates. Top toast with Creamy spinach and mushrooms, sprinkle over freshly grated parmesan cheese and serve warm.
Creamy, smooth, and very nutritious! Toss through another salad, add a handful to a smoothie or cook with many other dishes. Good source of Folate and source of Vitamin A
- Available All Year Round
- Gisborne & Matamata
- Gluten Free
- Washed & Ready To Eat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 50g butter
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 200g brown field mushrooms, cleaned, sliced
- 350g button mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 150ml cream
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 120g Leaderbrand Classics Baby Spinach Leaves
ready at your place
hungry for more?