Coleslaw & Jackfruit Quesadillas
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Fry the jackfruit, capsicum and onion until tender, and the jackfruit is starting to fall apart. Cook for 5 minutes, then add beans and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle over the paprika, chilli and cumin, and continue to cook for 10 minutes. Add half a cup of water if the mix becomes too dry.
- Heat another heavy based frying pan or grill plate over a low heat. Place one tortilla in the pan, and top with cheese slices or a handful of grated cheese. Spoon on some of the jackfruit mix and then top with a large handful of the Leaderbrand Classic Coleslaw. Cover with another tortilla. Fry for 1-2 minutes, until cheese begins to melt.
- Flip over the tortilla sandwich carefully to toast the other side. Remove to a warm tray and repeat with the next tortillas and mix.
- Cut into quarters and serve hot or warm.
Variations: Add avocado, mashed potato, or hummus to the tortillas.
The crisp sweetness of our Classic Coleslaw is complimented by LeaderBrand’s signature Homestyle Dressing – a true dinnertime favourite!
- Available All Year Round
- Gluten Free
- Washed & Ready To Eat
- Dressing Included
30 mins Prep time 15 mins Cook time 15 mins Serving 4 Difficulty EasyTotal time
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 400g can jackfruit, drained
- 1 red or green capsicum, chopped
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 400g can beans, black, kidney, chili or baked beans
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon each smoked paprika, chili flakes and ground cumin
- 8 round tortillas
- 150g cheese slices or grated cheese
- 450g bag Leaderbrand Classic Coleslaw