Service Technician – Diesel Mechanic
Are you a qualified diesel mechanic and are you ready to take the next step in your heavy diesel career?
LeaderBrand Produce Ltd is one of New Zealand’s largest and most diverse horticultural business. As a large scale farming operation we grow, pack, distribute and market a wide range of annual and permanent crops, as well as added value products for the domestic and export markets. Our continued growth creates exciting opportunities for our existing staff and also leads to new roles and opportunities for fresh ideas and expertise to join the team. LeaderBrand is currently looking to recruit an experienced service technician to assist our team in the maintenance and repair of vehicles, tractors and farming equipment.
About The Role
As part of a young dynamic team, you will be responsible for the service and repair of all types of vehicles and agricultural equipment in our modern facility, liaising with the engineering team, service manager and staff from other business units when required to ensure efficient turnaround with quality results.
LeaderBrand’s Agricultural Workshop supports our farming business in their year round operation. Bring a vertically integrated family owned and operated business offering us the opportunity to all share in the LB story and success around our vales that underpin our culture.
The diesel mechanic position is full time based in our new workshop facility in Gisborne.
We would like you to offer:
- Qualified mechanic or diesel mechanic
- Experience in Agricultural, forestry equipment or other heavy diesel environment
- Energetic, fast thinking and young at heart
- Able to completely immerse yourself in a team environment where everyone has a say
- Have a can do attitude
- Maintaining health and safety standards
- Great work ethic and love working with people
- Attention to detail, ownership and commitment.
We will offer you:
LeaderBrand is all about it’s people and their value:
- Full time permanent position
- Opportunity to work in a modern workshop
- Competitive hourly rate
- 40 hours per week (with the option of more)
- Training and support
- Paid birthday leave and service rewards (after year one)
- Weekly pay.
You will need to undertake a pre-employment drug rest, be a NZ resident or hold a valid work visa and provide proof of Covid vaccination status.
The diesel mechanic role is available now, we would love to hear from you.