LeaderBrand is a Kiwi company that has been growing fresh produce for over 40 years. Starting out as a sheep and cattle farm in Gisborne, LeaderBrand is now one of the largest and most diverse horticultural businesses in the country known for our delicious, fresh produce. Today, we have farms in Pukekohe, Matamata, Ashburton, and Gisborne, and we are proud to supply good food to good people in New Zealand and around the world.
We’re always looking for new ways to grow our produce more efficiently and sustainably. We use the latest technology, like telemetry monitoring, to make sure we’re using water wisely. We also use bore water, underground ring mains, and surface water to irrigate our crops. We believe it’s important to be good stewards of the land, and we’re committed to using water in a sustainable way.
We are currently seeking Irrigation Operators/General Hands to join our team.
This fulltime fixed term role is based at Makauri Farm, Gisborne, and will commence as soon as possible, finishing in approximately May/June, dependent on the season and work availability.
About The Role
What we are offering:
- Immediate start date
- 40 hours per week (option to do more, particularly on weekends)
- On the job training
- Wet weather gear and boots
- Competitive starting rates
- Opportunities to advance
Key tasks include:
- Daily operation of irrigation systems
- Data management
- Equipment maintenance
- Tractor and machinery operations
The hours of work are usually twelve hours a day. Your availability to work weekends as well as weekdays are key requirements for this critical role.
What you can offer:
- You are physically fit and energetic
- You’re a team player
- You’re solution oriented, hands-on and proactive
- You are willing to learn and grow your skills on the job
- You’re adaptable and can help out in other areas of the farm as needed
- A NZ driver license would be beneficial (restricted minimum)
Successful applicants must pass drug testing as part of the pre-employment process, be a New Zealand resident, or hold a valid work visa, and provide proof of vaccinations.