Our Pukekohe Farm is hiring Irrigation Manager to join our team.
GROW YOUR CAREER WITH US!
GROW YOUR CAREER WITH US! Our Pukekohe Farm is hiring Irrigation Manager to join our team.
Step up to an exciting, hands-on role in one of New Zealand’s most recognised and diverse horticultural businesses.
Over the last fifty years LeaderBrand has grown into a national producer and supplier of fresh produce ranging from packaged salads to fresh broccoli, lettuce, sweetcorn and watermelon. We are growing, harvesting and distributing our produce across the country daily. LeaderBrand has farms in Gisborne, Pukekohe, Matamata and Chertsey, growing approximately 3,500ha of wholesome fresh produce each year for domestic and international customers.
We aim to care for the land that provides for us as much as we do for our team that works on it and we work hard to continue being innovative in all that we do. Our mantra “from garden gate to dinner plate” is all about providing superior quality fresh produce that tastes great, to kiwi families.
About The Role
The Pukekohe farm is based at 188 Mill Rd, Bombay with an operation over 400ha. This position is a full-time role reporting to the Farm Operation’s Manager. Your primary responsibility will be to assist with the smooth day to day running of our irrigation equipment and team who execute irrigation across all our field crops as well as repair, maintain and install a range of irrigation equipment. You will oversee a team of between 4-8 people and numerous irrigation systems/equipment, ensuring the optimum performance of your irrigation team and equipment to meet the needs of our water sensitive crops. Our irrigation program typically runs for 9 months of the year. The remainder of the year is spent with our operations and crop production team, planning, servicing and maintaining our equipment.
• A full-time position
• Awesome teammates
• Competitive salary/hourly rates
• Yummy lunch provided two days per week
• Training, support, exposure and plenty of growth
• Great staff benefits and rewards
The successful candidate will offer:
• Minimum of two years’ experience in the primary sector
• Have sound knowledge of a variety of pumps and irrigation systems
• Can diagnose problems and implement solutions
• NZ Class 1 driver license
• Previous tractor experience
• Be capable of organising and managing small teams
• Can implement and execute plans accurately but willing to suggest improvements
• Have flexibility with working hours
• Work with multiple team members
• Highly motivated and owns a ‘can do attitude’
• Have a good knowledge of Health and Safety
• Pre-Employment Drug Test required
• NZ Residency or a valid work visa.
Successful applicants must pass drug testing as part of the pre-employment process, be a New Zealand resident, or hold a valid work visa, and provide proof of vaccinations.
Please forward your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org