Inwards goods administrator
LeaderBrand grows, harvests and distributes our freshly grown produce across the country, making sure that we can continuously supply our customers’ needs. Our mantra “from garden gate to dinner plate” is all about providing superior quality fresh produce that tastes great to kiwi families.
LeaderBrand’s distribution centre is seeking a dynamic inwards goods administrator to support the DC team ensuring that inwards goods are handled efficiently and accurately. The focus is on meeting the needs of our customers and ensuring all our fresh produce is delivered safely to New Zealanders to enjoy.
This role is a permanent full-time role based at our Lytton Road operation in Gisborne.
About The Role
As our inwards goods administrator you will be part of a team of around 25 distribution staff working on a staggered start roster covering seven days per week. The indicative hours of work will be from 9 am to 5.30 pm. When you are not busy with your core role and responsibilities, you are helping other team members to achieve theirs.
This fast-paced role is responsible for a variety of duties including:
- inwards goods receipt with an emphasis on quality, temperature control, safety, and stock accuracy.
- A high volume of computer reporting and data entry work utilising the company’s in-house system ‘Linkfresh’ as well as other systems
- The provision of inwards service of raw materials to the Salad production house in a timely and efficient manner
- Assisting other cool store staff with the receival, wrapping, labelling and temp checking of products when required
- An office support function in assisting the inwards goods supervisor with the purchase of required stationery, uniform, PPE and other supplies. In the absence of the inwards goods supervisor you will be expected to assist in the day to day management of inwards staff
- From time to time there could be other projects set by management requiring your input and assistance.
We are seeking a ‘numbers person’ who is able to accurately receipt and record correct weights and quantities, entering them into our system. Below is a list of qualities we are seeking for this role:
- Accurately recording of details
- Participate in stocktake ensuring 100% accuracy on counts and timely distribution of stocktake results
- Complete documentation and daily reporting (including electronic) accurately an in a timely manner
- Ensure all weights and counts of products are 100% accurate
- Visually check quality of raw materials and finished products, reporting immediately any concerns identified
- Complete temperature checks and ensure they are accurate and within required specifications
- Ensure all transport agencies are adhering to best practice for maintaining the quality of products and reporting of any incidents where they fall short of expectation
- Work within a team to ensure we have ‘right first time’ outcomes (including receipting, processing, picking and dispatching)
- Seek continuous improvement by identifying and implementing process improvement initiatives
- Ensure that cool stores and work areas are kept clean and tidy where everything is in its place
- Commit to health and safety ensuring a safe working environment at all times
- Follow safety procedures and instructions, including wearing of PPE, safety around working equipment and report any H&S concerns immediately.
If you feel the above description is a role where you feel you could grow yourself into then please get in touch. As our inwards good administrator, you should offer LeaderBrand the follow qualities:
- Previous cool store experience would be advantageous but not necessary, as training will be provided
- experience with administration and computer systems
- offers attention to detail, accuracy and good with figures
- good communication skills (both written and verbal)
- work co-operatively with others to achieve the best outcomes and maintain effective working relationships with others
- has health and safety awareness and owns safety culture
- offers self-management qualities that achieves personal results
- flexibility with willingness to move and cover other roles in the DC business. Able to multi task by being willing to be relocated throughout DC within the areas of raw materials, finished goods, inwards and dispatch through business requirements or training
- able to assist with weekend work on a rostered basis or as and when required
- willingness to work in both a cool store environment at around 3 degrees and at an ambient temperature in the forecourt.
- Permanent full-time employment
- competitive weekly pay (dependent on experience)
- modern working environment
- Service reward scheme
- Birthday leave after first year
- Hot meal Monday to Friday
- Fresh produce to enjoy
- Awesome bunch of team mates.
As part of LeaderBrand’s employment agreement you will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test, and hold NZ residency or valid working visa.
If you have the skills and experience applicable to this role please apply, we would love to hear from you.