Harvesting quality control
LeaderBrand’s Pukekohe farm is looking for a focussed and experienced Harvesting Quality Controller. The position is full time and based at our Pukekohe farm located at 188 Mill Road, Bombay.
Our business is expanding, our teams are growing and we need to make sure our fresh crops reach all New Zealanders ready for consumption.
About The Role
The Harvesting Quality Control role is responsible for supporting all areas of our harvesting operations ensuring our daily operations are run in an efficient and safe manner. Our crops are checked and packed daily with the results being interpreted and reported accurately to ensure our critical processes are in control and all product is produced within specifications at all times.
- Preventing non-conforming product from being picked
- Ensure company specifications are being met for food safety
- Finished product assessments
- Accurate record keeping
- Keeping communications clear within the harvesting teams
- Work closely with and support the harvest supervisors
- Stacking and grading – ensure crops are checked and packed safety and efficiently
- Safe practices and procedures followed at all times, including hazard reporting, incident/accident reporting and any safety concerns are reported immediately
- Support the groundwork, planting, and harvesting areas to ensure work areas are kept tidy.
Training will be provided to the successful applicant.
Ideally you will have a down to earth, positive, outgoing approach with an ability to relate well with a wide range of people. Our ideal QA would be a dedicated person who will fit right in with our QA team and offer:
- Experience in food safety and quality control would be an advantage
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Food safety awareness, able to comply with standards and codes
- Excellent communication skills and can work co-operatively with others to ensure best outcomes
- Basic computer skills
- Be a team player, self-starter, motivated and willing to learn
- Able to prioritise work effectively and efficiently, with focus on delivery
- Can adapt to our customer’s needs and changes required
- Seeks ways to continually improve systems and find better ways to work efficiently and safely.
- Permanent full-time employment
- Wages paid weekly
- Training, support and exposure to growing yourself
- Service reward scheme
- Birthday leave after first year
- Lunch provided two days per week
- Fresh produce to enjoy
- Awesome bunch of team mates.
As part of LeaderBrand’s employment agreement you will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test, have NZ residency or valid working visa and proof of Covid vaccinations.
If you have the skills and experience applicable to this role we would love to hear from you, please apply with your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are seeking more information about this role please call Steff on (09) 236-0099