Crop Production manager
‘GROW YOUR CAREER WITH LEADERBAND, our Pukekohe Farm is hiring a Crop Manager to join our team’
Step into to an exciting, hands-on role in one of New Zealand’s most recognised and diverse horticultural businesses.
Over the last fifty years LeaderBrand has grown into a national producer and supplier of fresh produce ranging from packaged salads to fresh broccoli, lettuce, sweetcorn and watermelon. We are fully integrated business growing, harvesting and distributing our produce across the country daily. LeaderBrand has farms in Gisborne, Pukekohe, Matamata and Chertsey, growing over 3,000ha of wholesome fresh produce each year for domestic and international customers.
We aim to care for the land that provides for us as much as we do for our team that works on it and we work hard to continue being innovative in all that we do. Our mantra “from garden gate to dinner plate” is all about providing superior quality fresh produce that tastes great, to kiwi families.
The Pukekohe farm is based at 188 Mill Rd, Bombay with an operation farming over 400ha. This position is a full-time role reporting to the Pukekohe Farm Manager. As part of our senior leadership team, your focus will be on crop production of our Fresh Market Broccoli and Lettuce programme, including planning, agronomy and harvest aspects, working closely with the Operations Manager to execute this.
Core to this role is Agronomy, requiring execution of practices that maximise growth, yield, quality and supply consistency to our vegetable crops. Communicating with our sales team and harvest logistics will also form key parts to this role. You will be supported by a team not only in our Pukekohe farm but in our wider business in all facets of our operation where growth is endless should you wish.
If this sounds like you and you would like to continue your journey in a rewarding industry and business then we would love to hear from you.
About The Role
The Crop Manager’s role is responsible for (but not limited to):
- Managing all aspects of growing the crops (i.e. planning, crop walking, IPM, crop estimates, data management and reporting through to harvest and sales communication)
- Volume planning and meeting supply targets
- Crop R&D
- Product quality and delivery
- Driving efficiency, crop yields and an eye for financial performance.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of five years’ experience in the primary sector
- A proven interest in horticulture / field cropping
- Strong knowledge of Agrichemicals and Agronomy practices
- Diligent and Inquisitive nature
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Planning
- Excellent communication and coordinating skills
- Organised and self-motivated approach to work
- Ability to work collaboratively a manage a team
- Can implement and execute plans accurately
- Have a good knowledge of Health and Safety
- Pre-Employment Drug Test required
- Holds NZ Residency or has a valid work visa.
LeaderBrand will offer:
- Training, support, exposure and plenty of growth
- Vehicle, phone and other essentials
- Awesome bunch of team mates
- Competitive salary
- Yummy lunch provided two days per week
- Great Staff benefits and rewards.
If this sounds like you please apply with your current CV and a covering letter to tell us about your skills and experience.