distribution centre (DC) Store Person
LeaderBrand’s Gisborne Distribution Centre (DC) is seeking an experienced store person with forklift experience to assist with ensuring our operations run smoothly.
You will join a team of approximately 25 distribution staff working on a staggered start roster covering seven days a week. The role is varied throughout the day and may cover all aspects of inwards and outwards goods.
We pride ourselves on being one of New Zealand’s leading suppliers of fresh vegetables and prepacked salads. The focus of our DC business is on meeting the needs of our customers and ensuring all our fresh produce is delivered safely to New Zealanders to enjoy.
Our mantra ‘from garden gate to dinner plate’ is all about providing superior quality fresh produce that tastes great to all kiwi families.
This role is a permanent full-time position based at our Lytton Road operation in Gisborne.
About The Role
As a store person you will be working in a team environment, primarily ensuring that both inwards and Outwards goods tasks are handled efficiently, with a focus on meeting the needs of our customers at all times. This fast-paced, physical role is responsible for varied duties and include; picking, palletising, inwards goods receipt and dispatch with an emphasis on quality, temperature control, safety, and stock accuracy.
The DC team provide the inwards service of raw materials and outward transit and storage of finished goods from the Salad production house. You must be able to work in a Cool store environment and temperature.
You will join a team of approximately 25 distribution staff working on a staggered start roster covering seven days a week. The role is varied throughout the day and may cover all aspects of inwards and outwards goods. Quality assurance through visual and temperature checks is critical before the product reached our customers. When you are not busy with your core role and responsibilities, you are helping other team members to achieve theirs.
As part of the DC team you will need to:
- maintain effective working relationships
- be able to self-manage and prioritise work effectively and efficiently
- look for ways to continually improve yourself by finding better ways to achieve results
- able to focus on achieving outcomes using good judgement through quick decisions that lead to success
- always puts safety first when making decisions, adheres to safety processes and procedures and openly communicates ways of improving safety.
Our successful candidate will need to offer flexibility and willingness around being relocated through other roles, supporting team members as required and be available to assist with weekend work on as or when required. The DC store person role will be working in ‘all weathers’, including temperatures in our cool store environment at around 3 degrees Celsius and with an ambient temperature in the forecourt area.
Ideally you will have a down to earth, positive, outgoing approach with and ability to relate well with a wide range of people.:
- OSH Forklift certificate with F endorsement
- Store person experience
- Accuracy and attention to detail, ensuring our product is correctly picked and scanned
- Health and safety awareness, able to comply with safety standards and codes
- Able to work co-operatively within a team seeking ‘right first time’ outcomes through continuous improvement
- Assist with identifying and implementing process improvement initiatives
- Excellent communication and co-ordination skills
- Be a team player, self-starter, motivated and willingness to learn.
- Permanent full-time employment
- Service reward scheme
- Birthday leave after first year
- Hot meal Monday to Friday
- Fresh produce to enjoy
- Awesome bunch of team mates.
As part of LeaderBrand’s employment agreement you will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test, have NZ residency or valid working visa and proof of completed Covid vaccinations.
If you have the skills and experience applicable to this role please apply with your CV and covering letter, we would love to hear from you.