Pouch Pack Cob Saw Operator
LeaderBrand grows fresh produce to feed all New Zealanders. We are looking for staff to join our 2023 season, starting in January. Part of LeaderBrand’s operation is processing sweetcorn and beetroot at our Pouch Pack facility.
About The Role
The Cob Saw Operator role ensures that the productivity and quality outcomes for Pouch Pack are achieved, ensuring that the saws and huskers are working at optimum, producing in specification product to the graders.
The Saw team are responsible for the timely and correct placement of unhusked cobs into the cob saws to ensure quality and productivity efficiencies are achieved. Attention to detail is non negotiable.
The role is responsible for:
- Becoming fully conversant with the cob saw operation, operating according to LeaderBrand’s standard operating procedures
- Ensuring productivity efficiencies are achieved
- Contributing in proactive reporting of safety hazards or concerns
- Participating in continuous improvement activities
- Perform process cleaning of the cob saw and husker to ensure food safety and equipment performance outcomes are achieved
- End of day shut down and cleaning
- Participating to improve GMP and food safety standards within production.
We are seeking reliable staff who are:
- Keen to work and you can commit to five days a week.
- Physically fit and comfortable working in a hot environment
- Ability to perform repetitive movements, predominately using your hands and wrists
- Excellent attitude towards learning new things and retaining information
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and working to a high standard
- Able to work well independently and contributing to the team achievements
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Offer accuracy, reliability, and diligence with consistent work out put.
LeaderBrand are committed to making a difference in the Tairāwhiti region by offering a safe work environment, competitive wages, on-going employment and career progression opportunities, and provide salads and vegetables to take home daily.
So if you are motivated, enjoy a challenge, and want a role with opportunities within a growing business, then we would love to hear from you!