Agricultural Engineer – Pukekohe
GROW YOUR CAREER WITH US!
LeaderBrand’s Pukekohe Farm is hiring Agricultural Engineer to join our team.
Step up to an exciting, hands-on role in one of New Zealand’s most recognised and diverse horticultural businesses. We aim to care for the land that provides for us as much as we do for our team that works on it and we work hard to continue being innovative in all that we do.
Our mantra “from garden gate to dinner plate” is all about providing superior quality fresh produce that tastes great, to kiwi families.
About The Role
The Pukekohe farm is based at 188 Mill Rd, Bombay with an operation over 400ha. This role is instrumental in improving efficiencies directly related to field and crop operations and nutrition. Including the execution of crop production operations, agrichemical applications and research relating to the growth, yield, and quality of vegetable crops. This role is perfect for someone that has a Bachelors Degree in Agriculture Engineering, who looks for a high level of attention to detail, who loves to work outdoors with other team members, has the ability to work in a fast-paced changing environment, can follow instructions, and can complete tasks in a productive and timely manner. This position is a full-time role reporting to the Groundwork Manager.
- Enhancing efficiencies directly related to crop operations and nutrition
- Groundwork, pre and post
- Agrichemical, foliar and water applications
- Soil, crop and water analysis
- Experience and accuracy with record keeping
- Provide beneficial information to improve crop productivity, quality and yield
- Can prepare the Grounds to a high standard to enhance crop growth
- Able to support all areas of crop maintenance and operations to ensure the daily running of the business in an efficient and safe manner
- Will support and assist with other duties that may be required within other areas of the farm
- Have a good understanding of farming health & safety.
- Bachelor in Agricultural Engineering qualification preferred
- Must be able to drive a tractor
- Knowledge in the area of Agronomy
- Able to ‘Dig Deep’ with the LeaderBrand team .
- A full-time permanent position
- Opportunity to operate within an often unique and diverse range of cropping operations, focusing on scale, technology and innovation
- Be a part of rolling out exciting new innovations within agriculture, often first to see commercially in NZ
- Competitive hourly rates
- Awesome team mates
- Training and support
- Staff benefits and service rewards
- Birthday leave after first year service
- Free lunch one day a week
- Discounted gym membership
- Staff IEP support programme
- ANZ Bank work benefits
- Discounted Medical with Southern Cross.
If you are interested in our growing industry and looking for variety then please get in touch now. Forward your CV and covering letter firstname.lastname@example.org