Don’t miss out on this winning combination of location, responsibility and opportunity.
LeaderBrand Produce is looking for the right candidate to take on a 10 week research project funded by Callaghan Innovation at our fresh salad factory in sunny Gisborne. This role reports to the Processing Engineer Manager.
About The Role
Are you interested in contributing to improving factory processing efficiencies? This project aims to increase our productivity in our state of art production lines focusing on:
- design and implement an overall equipment efficiency, OEE system, using our SCADA software,
- design and propose live dashboards to support projects to enhance the up-time capabilities of the assets.
This project is critical in ensuring we maximise the utilisation of our lines by reducing downtime with improved information of the causes of our downtime. Downtime causes are the key opportunity to improving performance, due to the lack of skilled resources, and the large amount of personnel turnover (seasonal food and beverage manufacturing business), we need to use the standardisation process to secure gain in our productivity. The digital twin will be modelling the product and processes using the data collected by sensors and building a computer model of the product and process. This will give us real-time status updates on the product and processes, as well as going through ‘what-if’ scenarios, without putting the assets at risk.
Operations Optimisation use variables such as weather, fleet size, energy costs, or performance factors to trigger hundreds or thousands of what-if simulations to evaluate readiness or necessary adjustments to current system set points. This approach lets you optimise system operations to mitigate risk, reduce cost, or gain system efficiencies.
- Pre-Employment Drug Test Required
- Must be a New Zealand Resident or hold a valid work Visa
The ideal candidate will:
- have a sound understanding of experimental design
- have a full driver’s licence
- have an interest in manufacturing systems
- be a natural problem solver
- have great communication skills
- have experience writing and formatting reports
- have completed or be close to completing a BSc in an Engineering field.
LeaderBrand is a key employer in the Gisborne region and we are proud of the culture and team that we have created. We are a family business with a team culture and we are looking for a team player for this role. Joining our business offers a unique opportunity to become part of the East Coast lifestyle for the summer with stunning beaches and festivals to enjoy.
We are looking for a candidate who can hit the ground running and help us in our ongoing focus on excellence across our R&D programmes. If this sounds like you, we look forward to receiving your application.