Pouch Pack Intake Operator
LeaderBrand grows fresh produce to feed all New Zealanders. We are looking for staff to join our 2023 season, starting in January. Part of LeaderBrand’s operation is processing sweetcorn and beetroot at our Pouch Pack facility.
About The Role
If you enjoy working with your hands, have excellent attention to detail, great hand-eye coordination and prefer a seasonal role, then please get in touch.
The Intake Operator will be responsible for:
- Setting up and operating cob saw and corn husking machinery
- Assist with maintaining loading efficiency to achieve maximum production outputs
- Minimising product waste
- Fault finding and troubleshooting
- Able to demonstrate equipment care
- Follow safety requirements as you are working around moving parts
- Contributing in proactive reporting of safety hazards or concerns
- Participating in continuous improvement activities
- Participating to improve GMP and food safety standards within production.
We are seeking a reliable Intake Operator who is:
- Keen to work and can commit to five days a week
- Physically fit and comfortable working in a hot environment
- Excellent attitude towards learning new things and retaining information
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and working to a high standard
- Able to work well independently all the while contributing to the team achievements
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Accuracy, reliability, and diligence.
LeaderBrand are committed to making a difference in the Tairāwhiti region by offering a safe work environment, competitive wages, on-going employment and career progression opportunities, and provide salads and vegetables to take home daily.
So if you are motivated, enjoy a challenge, and want a role with opportunities within a growing business, then we would love to hear from you!