LeaderBrand is one of New Zealand’s most recognised and diverse horticultural businesses. We are growing, harvesting and distributing our produce across the country, making sure that we can continuously meet our customers’ needs and maintain strict quality control. We aim to care for the land that provides for us as much as we do for our team that works on it and we work hard to continue being innovative in all that we do. Our mantra “from garden gate to dinner plate” is all about providing superior quality fresh produce that tastes great, to kiwi families.
We are seeking a dynamic Horticultural Operator to support our Pukekohe Business which is based at 188 Mill Road, Bombay.
About The Role
Our Horticultural Operator will support Pukekohe Farm with field and crop operations, including farm activities such as planting, packing, crop maintenance and harvesting. You will be instrumental in ensuring the groundwork is prepared, our crops are planted and harvested, and maintained through the seasons while ensuring high standards are achieved for food hygiene and quality. The role is full time and includes:
Step up to an exciting, hands-on role in one of New Zealand’s most recognised and diverse horticultural businesses. This role is perfect for a skilled tractor and machinery operator, who looks for a high level of attention to detail, who loves to work outdoors with other team members, has the ability to work in a fast-paced changing environment, can follow instructions, and can complete tasks in a productive and timely manner.
Our Horticulture Operator should :
- be experienced in horticulture practices
- have tractor and machinery experience
- bring a great attitute and enjoy working with others
- hold NZ Class 1 driver licence (required to drive our machines and equipment on the road)
- understand and follow plans
- good communication skills to work with multiple team members
- show initiative and work independently when needed
- have a good knowledge of Health and Safety
- pass of pre-employment drug test
- hold NZ residency or a valid work visa
- have proof of Covid vaccination status.
- A full-time position
- Opportunity to operate within an often unique and diverse range of cropping operations, focusing on scale, technology and innovation
- Be a part of rolling out exciting new innovations within agriculture, often first to see commercially in NZ
- Competitive hourly rates
- Awesome team mates
- Lunch two days per week
- Training and support
- Staff benefits and rewards.
We aim to care for the land that provides for us as much as we do for our team that works on it and we work hard to continue being innovative in all that we do.
Our mantra “from garden gate to dinner plate” is all about providing superior quality fresh produce that tastes great, to kiwi families.
This exciting role is available now, if you feel this is a role you would love to do then please get in touch.