Field Operations Manager
Step up to an exciting, hands-on role in one of New Zealand’s most recognised and diverse horticultural businesses.
LeaderBrand grows fresh produce on four farms across Aotearoa, making the most of each growing region to supply produce year round. Each farm has different soil and a unique climate, allowing us to use the climate and resources in the best way and help spread the risk when bad weather strikes. Ensuring we can continue to grow quality produce for many years to come.
We are currently seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Field Operations Manager to lead our Pukekohe farm field operations team. Our Pukekohe farm is based at 188 Mill Rd with an operation of over 700ha boasting fertile rolling farmland on the outskirts of Auckland, with a good climate and nutrient-rich volcanic soil to boot. Pukekohe is well known for growing leafy greens, making it perfect for lettuce and broccoli, its convenient position reduces travel time to keep produce fresh too.
This full-time role will be responsible for all supervision and execution of the day to day field operations, delivering timely land inputs as required and to the expected quality. This role includes the management of groundwork (pre and post), spraying, fertilising, digger and silt control along with grounds keeping.
About The Role
This role is best suited to someone who brings prior experience, is motivated by large scale production and can plan and manage staff appropriately.
Benefits of this role:
- Grow some of the country’s largest crop portfolios of their type
- Attractive benefits programme including a paid day off on your birthday, and amazing long service recognition for those that go the distance
- Great supportive company culture, and importantly a place you can grow, learn and challenge yourself
- Lunch provided two days a week.
Can you bring the following?
- Operational management with a focus on leading field operations and support for the crop production team
- Good communication and coordinating skills
- Leadership management with an organised and self-motivated approach to work
- Love of the outdoors and enjoy all the elements that the weather chucks at us
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and farming software
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team
- Ability to manage a team
- Attention to detail.
Successful applicants must pass drug testing as part of the pre-employment process, be a New Zealand resident or hold a valid work visa and provide proof of Covid vaccinations.
If you are interested in our growing industry and looking for variety then please apply, alternatively forward your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 027 263 3940 if you have any questions.