LeaderBrand Produce Ltd aims to be best fresh food producer in the world driven through innovation and quality. The Agricultural Engineering Workshop supports LeaderBrand’s farming businesses and processing plant in their year round operation. We are a vertically integrated family owned operation where we all share in the story and values that underpin our culture. Our talented team of mechanics and engineers design, build, modify, repair and maintain an extensive range of equipment in our new workshop. This includes a great mixture of work all year round allowing full scope of our projects to flow from start to finish.
Our Mechanic vacancy is full-time permanent role based at LeaderBrand’s Ag Workshop on Nelson Road, Gisborne.
Our ideal candidate will be motivated and enjoy working in a modern workshop environment which offers new toys to play with. This is an opportunity to grow yourself through training and development. Ownership of a great mechanical mind, being able to meet challenges head on, focusing on a good outcome within a timeframe would be a massive advantage. The Ag Workshop team’s goal is to ensure that during our busy summer season our equipment runs at optimum levels ensuing positive results.
About The Role
LeaderBrand’s growth and drive to innovate means we are on the lookout for a mechanic to join our team. Our modern workshop is just on the outskirts of sunny Gisborne and is fully equipped to service our extensive fleet of tractors, harvesters and other agricultural equipment.
You will join a young tight knit team who are hardworking and motivated ensuring our fleet is maintained at a high standard. We offer competitive remuneration, company benefits, nice working conditions and regular work hours in a safety conscious environment.
Can you offer LeaderBrand’s Ag Workshop the following qualities?
- hold a Trade Certification
- self-motivated, efficient and able to ‘dig deep’ supporting the LeaderBrand team
- sound knowledge and ability to work on agricultural machinery and equipment
- a proven ability to produce a high standard of workmanship
- able to get along with a wide range of people
- enjoys good work place banter
- current NZ driver’s licence
- positive and can-do attitude.
- Full time permanent position
- Opportunity for personal development through training and support
- Brand new working environment
- Competitive hourly rates
- Awesome team mates
- Staff benefits and service rewards, including free produce to take home
- Paid birthday leave after first year of service.
Successful applicants must pass drug testing as part of the pre-employment process, be a New Zealand resident or hold a valid work visa and provide proof of Covid vaccinations.
If you are looking for a variety of work and exciting challenges, have a good work ethic and communication skills, are motivated and like to have fun while still performing in your work then we’d like to hear from you.