Process line technician
LeaderBrand Produce is a key employer in the Gisborne region and is established as one of New Zealand’s most recognised diverse horticultural and fresh food businesses. We are a family business with a team culture, and are looking for a dedicated Process Line Technician to join our Fresh Cut team.
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where no two days are the same, offer the ability to challenge yourself ensuring our operation runs smoothly and efficiently.
As a Process Line Technician working alongside the Hygiene Team during the night shift (10:00 pm to 06:30 am), your primary purpose is to play a pivotal role in optimizing our production processes, ensuring efficiency, quality, and safety within this specific timeframe. You will be tasked with identifying process gaps, driving continuous improvement initiatives, establishing new standards, and actively participating in our OFI (Opportunity for Improvement) programme. Your responsibilities encompass root cause analysis, fine-tuning machine settings, and providing training to our workforce.
You will join a team of approximately 60 experienced production staff who are working on a five-day roster.
Our mantra ‘from garden gate to dinner plate’ is all about providing superior quality fresh produce that tastes great to all Aotearoa whanau.
About The Role
Based in our Gisborne office, the process line technician role is full-time and offers you the opportunity to showcase your versatility in a challenging and rewarding work environment. Minimum hours of work being 40 hours per week and the successful candidate will be available to support the Hygiene night shift (10 pm to 6.30 am).
The process line technician role involves:
- Use of information to conduct root cause analysis to help drive improvements in KPl’s
- Provide analytical support to the production team to drive improvement
- Ensure production lines are kept to operating requirements
- Assist with identifying and implementing process improvement initiatives
- Ensure equipment is to calibration and safety requirements and lines are kept clean
- Ensure product build is sequenced to the required stages to meet the production plan
- Seek efficiency, continuous improvements and quality through a safety focus.
It is essential that the Process Line Technician has the capability to provide support and guidance to Fresh Cut Operators in line management so that operating capabilities and product quality can be improved!
We are seeking a process line technician who can offer:
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a Process Line Technician role or similar
- NZ Trade Certificate or other similar/relevant qualification or relevant experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Extensive knowledge of mechanical processes and physics
- A natural eye for detail and accurate data entry
- Food manufacturing experience or FMCG experience (desired)
- Commitment to health, safety, and wellbeing
- the ability to think critically and provide creative solutions to problem solving as well as being able to make decisions on the go in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent Microsoft office competency.
LEADERBRAND IS OFFERING
- Great bunch of team mates
- Modern work environment within a sustainable business
- Permanent full-time employment
- Opportunity to challenge yourself with rewarding personal growth
- Competitive wages paid weekly
- Service reward scheme
- Birthday leave after completion of one year
- Hot meal Monday to Friday
- Fresh produce to enjoy.
As part of LeaderBrand’s employment agreement you will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test, have NZ residency or valid working visa.
The minimum hours of work being 40 hours per week. The successful candidate will be available for night shift (10 pm -6.30 am). If you feel this role is a good fit, then please apply, include your current CV and cover letter telling us about your skills and experience.