We are currently seeking a motivated, hands-on Fresh Crops Agronomist/Crop Manager to join our Makauri farming team. You will focus on all aspects of crop production working closely with the Fresh Crops Operations Manager on Harvest logistics. This is a key Agronomy role has a core focus on fresh vegetables and salad crops.
About The Role
This role is best suited to someone who brings prior experience and is motivated by large scale production. This opportunity provides you with a real platform to develop agronomically in a field where you are often the market leader.
Benefits of this role:
- Ability to train and expand agronomy skills across a wide range of technically challenging crops in Gisborne and across New Zealand, creating a unique agronomic learning environment.
- Ongoing training and development, supported by a large and experienced local team of specialists.
- Gain exposure to other areas of agribusiness, including accounting, marketing, exporting and research and development all through our extensive vertically integrated business units.
- Grow some of the country’s largest crop portfolios of their type.
- Attractive benefits programme including a paid day off on your birthday, and amazing long service recognition for those that go the distance.
- Great supportive company culture, and importantly a place you can grow, learn and challenge yourself.
Can you bring the following?
- Agronomy experience in horticultural cropping
- Knowledge of Agrichemicals and Agronomy
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and farming software
- Good communication and coordinating skills
- Organised and self-motivated approach to work
- Love of the outdoors and enjoy all the elements that the weather chucks at us
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team.
Successful applicants must pass drug testing as part of the pre-employment process, be a New Zealand resident or hold a valid work visa and provide proof of vaccinations.