The Agricultural Engineering Workshop supports LeaderBrand’s farming businesses and processing plant in their year round operation. Our talented team of mechanics and engineers design, build, modify, repair and maintain an extensive selection of equipment. This includes a great mixture of work all year round allowing natural scope of our projects to flow from start to finish.
About The Role
We a looking for a champion who thrives on building relationships, problem solving, leading teams and organising work load, whilst keeping a regular hand on the tools. You will thrive on finding solutions to our equipment challenges in our ever changing business environments. In this role you will be leading a team of engineers, mechanics and parts, with a broad range of skills and experience.
Enjoy working from our modern workshop facility based in Nelson Road with a broad work load across all our agricultural fleet and design engineering through to supporting our processing team on their fabrication requirements.
No two days will ever be the same – responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring our fleet is maintained and operating effectively
- Supporting the development of innovative engineering solutions
- Day to day running of the workshop
- Diesel and heavy machinery, hydraulics, automotive, heavy and light steel repair and fabrication
- workload planning and implementation
- team communication/support
- play a key role in training and mentoring staff
- oversee R&M scheduling and preventive maintenance.
The ideal candidate should offer most of the following:
- previous engineering or mechanical experience including qualifications
- ability to manage coordination of multiple projects
- embrace technology
- time management and planning skills
- excellent people and communication skills, leadership experience desirable but not essential
- adaptable and flexible personality
- strong health and safety culture.
This role provides an exciting opportunity for the right person to grow and challenge themselves by joining a well-established successful company feeding the nation.
*Successful applicants must pass drug testing as part of the pre-employment process, be a New Zealand resident or hold a valid work visa and provide proof of vaccinations.